Monday, April 21, 2008

The zoo, the BBQ and the fire alarm

Jack had his first trip to the zoo on Saturday. My dream was to hold him in front of the monkees and he would get excited and try to reach out to them. Well by the time we got to the gorilla house, Jack was asleep and took his wonderful 5 minute nap. He did check out the small mammal house and I am guessing that he liked it cause it was so dark in there.

We then had dinner at my sisters and Jack was doing his usual fussiness before he went to sleep. The ceiling at my sisters is at least 10 feet tall which also means that the smoke alarm is way up there. Any little detection of smoke and the alarm goes off with of course the most obnoxious sound. My dad and I were trying to fan the smoke away and all the while I secretly hoped that Jack would not wake up. He did three times and at the third time, went out for good.

We went to my father in law's for a BBQ on Sunday. Jack being a winter baby was not used to the sun. In fact he complained a bit. I kept telling him that this is what real weather should be. That weather that we have seen before, the cold, the snow the rain and ice, was not how it should be. He must have listened cause he was very quiet while I explained to him what weather is.

No comments: