Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Year Wish


Happy New Year Jack. 2010 has certainly been a somewhat challenging year for us. This was the year that you decided to become a very picky eater. Please, for 2011, eat some green bean and carrots! Your father and I make it edible. Mac and cheese and pasta can only get you so far with nutrition my son. Time to explore and like the world of the green vegetables. Perhaps Parents.com is right. If I create your veggies on your plate to look like a tree or sun, perhaps then you will eat it.
2010 also brought us the great sleep debate. We have yet to buy you the real twin size bed. We are sorry about that Jack but please, you must sleep in your bed. Yes, it is small and yes, the heat does come on primarily in your room first. I have slept in your room. I know how uncomfortable that can be. I just need to know the right words, and the right comforting song to put you in the best sleep ever. You have slept the whole night in your room a couple of times. I know it can happen.
Time outs have been introduced, the concept of sharing has been discussed, these are concepts that are still being discussed and yet to be perfected.
This is not to say that you have been a hair- yanking , arghghghghgh screaming child to us. Definitely not. Early 2010 had us wondering what word you were saying, to your father and I being the only ones who understood your words, to now full sentences with us. Your Spanish even has come out this year! Even more so in the past month. I couldn't be more proud.
I hope that 2011 brings everything that you deserve in life - peace, happiness and tranquility. And that is just when you sleep.
2011 may also bring a baptism/child dedication. I can see that you are now old enough to understand when to stay still and listen. Which means that when the priest wants to bless you, you won't be running around the altar. Where will this happen, we don't know yet.
How will you change in 2011? What will you like and dislike? We hope to be there more for you. Time is so busy and sometimes we only have a few minutes together.
I hope 2011 gives us a few extra seconds.
Be safe,
Love Mama and Papa.

No comments: