Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Delay

This was supposed to be a big year for Jack and Christmas. We were going to have a tree, have him decorate, and most importantly have his Polar Express train set up so it would go around the tree.
Actually, I heard a rumour that Brian was going to set the train track throughout the whole living room. I don't know how well that is going to go since A. there is no space and B. we would be tripping over the track going from our room,to the kitchen, to Jack's room.
Once I heard that idea, I quickly gave the one eyebrow raise. Which means, I don't think we will be doing that.
It is December 16 and we still haven't gotten our tree. This month has been crazy hard. Brian has been working a lot, which means Jack and I are at home most of the weekends. It doesn't help that for some reason, Chicago had to get an ice storm in the beginning of the month. Which makes it hard to go out with a young one and have the harsh wind whip in your face, as you try to walk to the train station. Not happening.
So, the train track will have to wait a bit. I voted to go green this year, not get a tree, and somehow fake a Christmas tree on the wall with our Christmas cards or lights. That is when Brian gave me the one eyebrow raise.

No comments: