Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Cabin Fever

The Friday after Thanksgiving was as expected. It was very low key. Nothing to do.
We had Thanksgiving at our place, so naturally we were home the whole day. Which was a nice change of pace considering that other Thanksgivings, we go from one house all the way in St. Charles, back to the city by nighttime for another meal. We are always exhausted so to cook and be at home this year was great for us.
Coming into Friday, there was no way that we wanted to spend Day 2 cooped in the house. We sort of were, cause it was blastfully cold that day. Plus the whole universe was out shopping, so there was nowhere decent that we could have gone to.
Alright, so we did make a tiny detour for 15 minutes to buy Brian some snow boots. But , other than that, it was home for us.
I took a nap at 4:30. I never take naps.
Brian took one at 5. When he woke up , he walked to the living room and sat down. And had this really down, I am sooooooo bored look on his face. I could feel it cause I felt the same way.
If I was the marvelous mom, I would have thought of making crafts, painting, coloring, exercising, whatever. Just to keep busy.
However, I just folded fresh,laundry smelling clothes. I said, Alright, let's just go out. Walk around and see the Christmas lights from our neighborhood. That lasted just a block cause it was brutally cold and the wind whipped inside our jackets and Jack kept saying "oh , it's cold , it's cold, it's cold.
Brian finally said" Forget this, let's just go somewhere. Let's get in the car. I don't care where we go so long as it is not at home. "
As soon as we got in the car, we decided to call my best friend and her family, Allie Perez.
Enter the saviors.
Their plan was to go out for sushi and would we like to join them?
A BIG YESSSSS!!!
It was great. Her oldest daughter is nine months older than Jack , so they hung out together. Brian and I were able to hang out with our friends and have an adult conversation.
Friday night turned out to be brilliant.
Thanks Perez Family.

No comments: