Friday, December 3, 2010

The First December Weekend

Dear Jack,
We are going to be faced with lots of trials this weekend. Papa will be working basically all weekend. We are on the brink of our first snowstorm. We are supposed to get 6 inches yet how will we get to Cafe Iberico by 5 on Saturday night? Hopefully, CTA will cooperate with us and get us there on time. Also, if I decide to not take the stroller Saturday, please walk with me. 90% of the time you do, yet there is that 10% that wants the kittyback ride ( piggy back ride) and I don't know if I can offer you that sort of entertainment in the snow.
Also, will you nap this weekend? We all know that I am not the parent that can put you down easily. Papa is the master, I am the one that you just want to play with. And while I appreciate that you like me enough to play with all day, let's just nap for once ok??
Sunday, it will be cold. So let's pray that your gloves will stay on. What is with the gloves falling off? Or else, I will have to bundle you in the blanket in the stroller. Believe me, if someone told me
"Hey ,why don't you just sit here, and I will make you nice and warm with a great fleece blanket and I will stroll you around"
I wouldn't even let them finish the sentence. I would hop right in. No questions asked.
So, let's get together and wish for a warm weekend, easy walking, no slush on the ground, and happy dreams and sleep.
Love,
Mama

No comments: