Monday, April 4, 2011

The New Fascination

This is all my fault. I truly blame myself for this 1,000 %. It all started about three weeks ago when Brian said the magic words of " Maybe we can take a vacation this year."

My mind immediately went to Disney World. It shouldn't have, since we are and always have been planning for the big 5th year birthday bash for Jack at Disney World. We wanted to have that year as his first year there, so he can remember it. So he can go on the rides. With us.

So I said to Jack, wouldn't you like to go to Disney World and see where Mickey Mouse lives?

Well of course any kid would want to go see Mickey Mouse. You want to see him today? Put on your shoes and let's go! My mind is spinning and obviously cannot wait for two little more years to go to Disney. I must, must,MUST STOP telling Jack what a wonderful place Disney World is. Because that is really all he ever talks about now. He wants to see Minnie, he wants to see Mickey, he wants to see Mickey's big house ( the famed castle that you see everytime you pop in a Disney DVD. God, what terrific marketing )

Update - I first wrote this post about two weeks ago. Since then, he hasn't really asked to take a Disney Vacation ( yes, he says it just like that ) but he does ask from time to time to go to the Disney Store. That is free and right around the corner. We can give you that much son.

PS - I wonder with all these Disney mentions, if we can score a great huge discounted trip. The power of the blog and the interwebs. Here's hoping.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

When you do take him, try to make it a surprise! I love those commercials where the kids are told that they're going to Disney TODAY! It makes me tear up a little. Oh the joy!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I wanna come along!