Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The New Best Friend

Jack has taken to my mother in law's dog, Max, a lot. I can see why kids loves little pets so much.
The dogs put their cute little faces in front of the kids and when they want to be pet, they kind of wiggle around your lap and look up at you until you happily pet them to sleep.
This is what Max does and this is what Jack loves. He has also taken to having Max sleep on the bed with him. Normally I would say gross, that is a lot of dog hairs on the bed and dog slobber on my kids bed sheets. But the way that Jack just caresses Max right before he goes to sleep and gives Max tons of kisses with
Good night Max. I love you.
warms my heart so much.
I thought that having Max on the bed would be a good way to have Jack sleep in his bed all night, but alas, Jack still comes over to our bed at night. Not as early in the night now. But my mind is telling me that any day now, any day, Jack will realize the awesomeness of having his own room. And stay there, night after night, after night.

No comments: