Saturday, January 19, 2008

Moms galore!!!

I realized that this title is not really true since I am not a mom yet...still the same pregnant chick.

The moms came over yesterday. It was mom day in overdrive!! My mom came over for lunch and she came with the usual safe lunch that my family likes to indulge in sometimes. Boston Market. Although to us it is still Boston Chicken since all we order is the chicken and not the other delectables that the Market likes to offer. It was fine and we ended up watching "Bringing Home Baby" on TLC. My mom of course fell asleep as she ususally does when she is in front of the TV for five minutes.
Spike's mom came along around 4:30 and she came with a bagful of goodies. She called the night before and asked what we needed. I quickly said that we needed cookie dough. Which who ever needs cookie dough. It is never a necessity but I always feel that I need to munch on some every now and then. And for all you moms out there, I can hear the shock coming out of your mouths since pregnant women cannot eat cookie dough. But at 39 weeks , I feel that I can munch on a little. Spaghetti and salad was provided from Spike's mom. My parents joined for dinner as well. I thought well, this bedrest may not be so bad if everyone is coming over and willing to make you dinner. My mom has said that perhaps Monday she will come over and help me make a Ecuadorian delicacy. Let's just say fried pork and potatoes and are the main ingrediants in this dish. I am beginning to really like the maternity leave.

No comments: