Monday, January 21, 2008

Fried Pork,Re-fillit and Spanish Soap Operas

My mom came over today and she helped me make this typical Ecuadorian dish called fritada. Basically it is fried pork with potatotes and plantains. I was happy when she brought all the ingrediants over but was sad to see that she did not bring the plantains. Hey!! I thought. But at least she is here and helping me make dinner. She made me this simple lunch which she took spaghetti, mixed it with tomato, onion and egg and made some sort of omelet out of it. If I made this myself, it would have come out as a big pasta mess, but somehow mom's make every meal really good. She is currently lounging on my couch watching Spanish novelas. I have no idea on what the actors are screaming at each other for, but I am sure that someone slept with someone's else's sister or mom. And she likes this. I was watching yet another marathon of America's Next Top Model before she took over and started watching her shows. I guess we all have our own crappy shows that we watch.

My only outing today was to go to CVS and get some tooth filling for my teeth. My filling has come out and since I am close to delivery, a trip to the dentist does not sound like a good idea right now. Plus, this filling tastes like cherry, so there is a constant cherry taste on my tongue that sounds weird but I like it.

Baby news - no contractions, movement yes but enough to go into labor?No. This is sounding like the easiest pregnancy ever. No morning sickness in the first trimester, happy second trimester, and the only bad thing that I had to endure for the third trimester is this whole high blood pressure thing. I must be thankful to the powers that be when the baby comes out.

Tomorrow - another doctor visit -and possibly an entry into the maternity ward.

No comments: