Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another Doc's visit

As soon as we got there, the nurses told me that they were going to hook me up to the NST monitor. Basically, it is a device that monitors the baby's heartbeat while it also monitors my contractions ( or in my case , the lack of). My pregnancy has been fairly easy, and the only curveball has been this high blood pressure thing for the past month. But I have not had any major contractions whatsoever. I think of the episode of Friends( I'm sorry that I have to reference that show) but when Rachel is in labor, she is in a room with some other chick and while Rachel's contractions are very strong, she hatefully looks at her roommate as her contractions are just oh i just had one, That wasn't bad. I would be that roommate.

Back to the visit, the first thing that we do is the ultrasound.Big bonus for us that our doctor has confirmed that it is in fact a boy. This has relieved my fears as I have been dreaming for a couple of days now that we actually have a girl and not a boy. Hearing the words" I see a scrotum" from our doctor makes me high five Spike.


All is well and the baby is nesting comfortably in my womb in a c-moon shape. Head up facing my left with his little body and butt resting on my right. Good news is that the blood pressure went down. Bad news is that we are scheduled to still deliver next week. I am about ready to do it now and would not even mind if the ever feared situation of the water breaking broke. I wonder what kind of foods could I eat that would break the water. Ahh yes....... bedrest.

Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Maria said...

Looks like all is stable.

Happy Bedrest

me : )