Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day one of bed rest

The reason that I am on bedrest is that I developed high blood pressure during this last month of pregnancy. And it could be a number of things why- but mostly I think I know because when you are so close to having a baby and you have been carrying a heavy load for 9 months now, you gotta be saying "TODAY MUST BE THE DAY TO HAVE A BABY!!! I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!" I believe that is why I am in the condition that I am right now. I asked the good doc what exactly bedrest means. It means exactly that.

Staying in bed, or on the couch, no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry, no going out. NO GOING OUT? After I heard his explanation, I said" That sucks."

And sucked it did. I so wanted to go out and at least walk around the block, but my swollen feet was not going to let me , nor were the words of the good doc. It was such a great and sunny day and I couldn't enjoy any word of it. I realized that after one day , TV sucks, there is nothing to watch, and for some strange reason the Oxygen channel likes to show 4 hours straight of "A Different World". I didn't know there was such a demand to watch that show for that long. My beloved husband did give me the complete series of I love Lucy. I am saving that for when the little one is born.

I did watch Barbershop 2. That was fun to watch. Books will come in handy, and listening to Howard Stern online. Unless Spike takes away the laptop when he goes on assignment. Then I am screwed.
Day 2 of bed rest......Doc's visit, and then back to home. More to come.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

When the little one comes, you'll have the little one to look at, so I'd watch 'Lucy' now. And it is supposed to be so cold these next few days/weeks that everyone is going to be jealous of you! Sun feels nicer in a warm apartment than in -20 degree wind chill. Enjoy it!

Maria said...

4 hours of A Different World? i hope they are at least showing the decent episodes, and not while Whitley and Dwayne Wayne were already married, ouch, those hurt!!
You did not miss much commuting to work. Snow, people, traffic, exhaust, same taped message over and over on the CTA, I do not believe they are sorry for the changes taking effect on the 20th, as the taped message implies.
Enjoy, take it easy, all is good.
: )

CBerg said...

You need Netflix STAT...