Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First day alone

I wanted to document the first day that we had to together with our camera, but this morning, I think that we left the camera charger at the hospital. Crap! Would it be worth it to call them and see if they have it? I really don't feel like buying another charger. How much are those things anyways?

The little guy had a good morning. He woke up around 9:30 , had a good 35 minute feeding, and we hung out for about 45 minutes reading books. I read Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and it was around the point when the tomato tornado rolled into town that Jack was feeling the sleep. So I told him let's sleep and even though I know that he can't see what I was doing, I felt that he saw me close my eyes, even though I am just a dark blob to him. Five minutes later, he did the same thing.

My mom said that boys tend to eat more than girls since they grow quicker and are stronger than girls. Now hearing this is really throwing me off for my planned "Sleep every three hours, wake up and eat for 30 minutes. He threw me for this loop when I fed him at 2:30 and was hungry again at 4 pm. Uh oh mom's words are ringing true.

Let me thank all the people so far for bringing us food. I can't remember two things
1. What the heck did Brian and I exactly do before Jack was born.
2. When was the last time we cooked.

The bringing of food has been fantastic and we don't want to see the day when that ends.

Brian went back to his first official day of work today. I was a bit sad when he left and said a quiet "Shit I hope I do this well today." But when Jack woke up, I jumped into Supermom. Even with giving Jack his first bath, I became amazed at myself for becoming such a mom so quickly. I feel like I have been doing this for so long and it's only been a week.

Work keeps emailing me with work related questions. This has been going on since I left for bed rest. Hmmmm, I thought that I left work for awhile. Proves to show that they need me. Badly!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They need to respect your legal right to maternity leave. Do not let work get out of control and see yourself working from home while you suppose to be on leave.