Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Lost Pixar Movies

It broke my heart to even write that title. : (

Jack had the best of the best Pixar movies in one case; The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Pixar Shorts.
He was taking these movies over to my parent's house since they were going to watch the boys for the day.

Jack's window was open and his little hand was out of the window, feeling the wind blow hard against it. His little hand was also holding the Pixar movies outside the window. Brian was driving alongside a forest preserve at a steady pace. A steady pace would mean that if you were holding something in your hand, out the window, it could easily blow away.

Are you following me with this? Do you know and can guess what happened next?

The movie case blew away from Jack's hands. Onto the street, where it was probably crushed immediately by the following traffic. Brian heard an " Uh-oh" from Jack and he knew exactly what that meant. I think Jack asked to go get it back but Brian couldn't. I told Brian that it was a good thing that I wasn't there. I would have shouted " OH NO!!!!!!!!" thus making it a bigger scene than necessary.

It was movies that Jack loved watching over and over again, and yes we could always buy new ones. What breaks my heart is that Jack keeps saying over and over again, " I lost the movies. I lost it." I never thought that he would get it stuck in his head that he was responsible for this or that he would even understand such a concept. I keep reassuring him that movies are movies and we could always get a new one, but it just stuck with him that it was his hand that was holding them and it was his exact same hand that dropped them. He is not sad and he hasn't cried over them but just hearing him put some sort of guilt upon himself just kills me. He even wrote a letter to Santa already , telling him what happened and what he would like for Christmas ( the Pixar movies) . Hearing that made me weepy, and I just wanted to hold Jack and let him know what a wonderful boy he is. When I heard the Santa story, Jack was already sleeping. I am sure he wouldn't have liked it if I interrupted his sleep for a huge hug. Or maybe he would have. Who knows?

I have a $50 Best Buy gift card that I won from a work raffle recently. Guess who is taking Jack there and getting some new movies? And forget the DVD, we are upgrading ourselves to Blu-Ray. Anything for my guy.

No comments: