Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The 9th Month

No, he isn't sad because he is eating Cheerios.
We started off Charlie's 9 month birthday by giving him a lecture. A real, first, hey let's talk lecture.

He's  9 months.

This month has brought quite a change in Charlie. He discovered how to crawl which is great, but now that he has discovered that he has mobility, he will not stop anywhere. He is constant, and will get really angry if someone puts him on the floor to sit down. He wants to constantly have you stand him up, hold his chubby bubby little hands, and walk him around. Crawling is for babies. Walking is for Charlie.It is quite charming when you are walking him around and all of a sudden he looks up at you with the biggest cutest smile ever. Like " Look at me Mama!! I'm doing sooooo good!!"
Back to the fits, it gets somewhat worse if it's dinner time.
He will have a fit when it is dinner and will arch his back, cry little tears of anger, and just be really upset. Charlie, I have to say that these tricks that you are trying to impose on us are not working. Perhaps if you were my first born, I would fall for it and go  " Whhhhaatt, what is the matter??" and worry about why my child is so sad.
You are my second child. We have been through these tricks before. Your brother Jack has taught us well about what to look for in terms of getting what you want. Yes you can have your dinner. No, you may not snatch your dinner from my plate by almost throwing my plate to the floor. There are rules in this house. That maybe hard to believe since Brian and I are one of the most funnest parents ever. Well, Brian is. I am more the "stop jumping on the couch!!" as soon as I come home from work parent. ( True story, I just said that to Jack yesterday).
Charlie also weaned himself from the pacifier, but now what he does is wake up at least three times a night, so I can bring him to the bed and nurse him so he can sleep. Sometimes he nurses at night, but other times he uses me as the pacifier. One night Brian and I decided to let him cry it out so he can just go back to sleep on his own without the nursing or Mama pacifier. Did that work? No. It was around 12:45 am. You wouldn't want to start that experiment either at that time of the night.
Charlie is getting a bad case of the Mamitis.So on his 9 month birthday morning, after he refused Brian three times and only wanted me to pick him up, I said
" Hey Charlie. Sometimes Mama will not always be here to pick you up. Other people can pick you up. Papa, Tia, Tio, Grandma. It can't always be Mama."
He listened intently. Looked down since he knew he was in trouble. Or he just looked down since there was a toy on the floor. Who knows.

No comments: