Monday, October 4, 2010

The Letter

Dear Jack,
I am so sorry that I have not been keeping up with this blog at all in the past couple of months. Things have happened, good and bad. I can blame all of those reasons for my lack of creative writing. But the best excuse I can come up with at this time is pure tiredness. Is that a word? What is a better word than tiredness?
You have been waking up in the middle of the night for about a month now, for no reason. Your father and I thought that because you were watching “Monsters, Inc,” you began to think that there really were monsters in the closet.
There are not.
You haven’t seen that movie in soooo long now. Could it be possible that you are still scared of the closet? Or are you just growing up and are your sleeping habits changing? It has come to a point where I cannot sleep at all for the whole night. I get up at least once an hour, waiting for your cry. When I don’t, I go back to sleep, but not before I either wake up the next hour or you wake me up because you really are crying to get out of your room. I have no idea on what to do. I am tired and confused, as all mothers would be when they have three year olds.

Our plea is this – Please , please PLEASE! Go back to bed. Sleep the whole night. Dream of beautiful dreams. Wake up refreshed the next morning. What do I always say to you? If you have a bad dream, you wake up, you look around your room, and say to yourself, Oh, it was just a dream. I am back home where I belong.
I even changed your room for you!! I think it’s a nice set up. The bed doesn’t face the closet anymore. That’s a good thing, right?
Sleep little one. Sleep well. And I promise you, Mami and Papi will be there when you wake up.

We love you,
A very tired but always loving Mami and Papi.

No comments: