Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Countdown


My birthday was October 8 and I celebrated a lovely 34.
My mind on my birthday now always resorts to Jack's birthday, and how close we are to that date. Do we really have to countdown to his third birthday? THIRD???? Sheesh, we are nowhere near close to completing potty training, and this kid will be three. My wish is that once he turns three, he will automatically say "Mother, I will now use the washroom."
He will close the door, do his business and flush, all without me or Brian trying to help him.
I feel that Jack has a baby face, and that he looks younger than other close to three year olds. I thought that by this age, he will sleep better and accept carrots, green beans and spinach.
No such luck.
The sleeping is another story on it's own, as he is still waking up in the middle of the night, not wanting to be in his own bed. I have this superstition that if I talk about any good tactics that we do to keep Jack sleeping the whole night, that is my jinx and whatever we worked on will go out the window. Sorry, no stories here.
I am proud to say that on my birthday, Jack blew out all the candles on my cake. He didnt' even give me chance to blow them myself. Nice job son.

No comments: