Saturday, October 23, 2010

The 1,000th Day

October 18, 2010 marked Jack's 1,000th day of life. Brian actually figured this out back around March, so we waited a long time for this day. We wanted to do something great. Something huge.
The 18th comes, it's a Monday and Brian tells me that he has some photography meeting to go to .
That is fine. I will pick up Jack from my dad's, go home and we will go have a celebration ourselves.
There is some cookie dough in the fridge, we will be fine.
As my dad and I walked home, Jack fell asleep. I thought for sure that Jack would wake up as soon as we got home. He did not. I set him on the couch and there he became more comfortable to sleep the whole night.
He had no dinner that night.
Brian was out.
My son was asleep since 6 pm , and I watched TV. Boring Monday TV.
I was thankful for the quietness however, and I had some me time just curled up on the couch with my son sleeping.
Happy 1,000 days Jack.

No comments: