Monday, June 9, 2008

Pool time and Jack's new friend

It was a sticky humid day in Chicago on Saturday June 7. With Brian on assigment and Jack now knowing that being in the house all day sucks, we went for our first pool adventure.
First , we must buy some Huggies Swimmers.

Which in Huggies world, they must believe that babies under one years old do not go to the pool at all. There were no Huggies for Jack for his age, so I bought the ones that are for kids who are 24 lbs. I felt kind of bad for Jack as I imagined the diapers would come up to his chin. Plus on the package, the babies looked like they were three years old and seemed have the ability to run around. My son has the ability of placing his teething ring in his mouth.

The diapers fit ok and we were set to go in. Jack has only been getting used to baths for the past month only, so I was a little weary of dipping his feet in the water. Like a champ, he just stared at it. And then stared at all the other kids running around in the water. He was actually looking at them like they were nuts cause his little brow was constantly knitted. He was studying everything; the water, the kids, the parents holding the kids, the water that we sat in. I tried to do the "Weeeeeee" and place his feet up and down the water. No excited reaction but no bad reaction. Oh well. We spent a good two hours before it was time to go home. And yes, he did have sunscreen on and a hat and we were in the shade. I am a protective mommy.

With that incredble adventure came another one. I wore a bikini for the first time. Four and half months after giving birth and I am nowhere near supermodel looking. But I don't think that I look that bad either which gave me somewhat the courage to wear a two piece. However, I think that I may have to pay a visit to Target to get those tankinis. I really don't care if I have a tan stomach or not. So long as my legs are bronzed, as the fashion magazines would say.

Even though I don't want to expose Jack to much TV if any at all, there are times when he does watch. Good Morning America is a good one. I think he likes Diane Sawyer as he watches intently whenever she is one. Finding Nemo was on Saturday and as we watched it, he did react to a couple of scenes. The sharks were a bit scary but when the previews were on for Wall- E , the new Pixar movie, was when Jack went nuts. He kept talking to Wall- E and would say "oooh ooh ooh" as if he was saying "Hey Wall-E!!! I'm over here!!!"

Nothing like a computer animated robot to stir up a 4 month old's mind.

No comments: