Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Leave him for ten minutes????


Just to remind everyone of what Jack looks like when he is sad, here it is. In fact he is the master of the pouty face and I am the queen of picking him right up when he gets upset. Trouble ahead????
For some reason, Jack woke up around 9 pm and would not go back to sleep. He was crying in his crib and Brian suggested that we leave him there and let him cry it out. I felt like he was asking me to eat worms as that is something that I don't want to do. We let him cry it out but every wah gave my throat another tug. I tried to concentrate on "Frasier" and his antics, but all I could think about was how upset our son was, and how much I just wanted to pick him up and soothe him so he can sleep peacefully, not with despair. I couldn't do it and at minute 5, I went right in and picked him up. You know when you cry so much that after awhile, you are trying to catch your breath? That is what he was doing. And I wanted to cry just cause I felt sooooooooo bad as a mom. I know that doing this is not the worst thing a mom has done, but I hated every minute of it.
The biggest test will be tonight. If he is cranky in bed, we will keep him there and we will see how that goes.
: (

No comments: