Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Wish

Jack,

As we sat together eating our cake on Father's Day, I thought of this.

My wish is that you grow up to be every inch like your dad. I hope that you will always be the first to greet everyone that you met. That you are the friendly one and that you will always stike up the conversation first. Because your dad has a natural talent for being a friend to everyone. While your mom likes to hide in the shadows at times, your dad is always out there. That is why everyone likes him. Because he is so approachable. And genuine.

My wish is that you never hold a grudge like your father. Your father finds good in everyone.

I hope that you always find laughter and giddiness like your father. Everything in life shouldn't be taken seriously. I would be a much more serious person if your dad wasn't around. I hope that you have that calming vibe that your dad has. Everything is easy going , and that is a wonderful trait to have.

Your father has a way of being the most caring and loving person to his family. I know that you know that, because he shows that to you every day. I hope you say I love you as much as your dad does.

May you be always excited over the big things in life -like a family vacation - to the small things in life - like a great sandwich for lunch. Just like your dad does.

I see the little things in you from your dad every day. Keep on being that way.

1 comment:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.