Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The "Come back"

Jack is really starting to have full conversations with us. When he sees me pretend crying, he'll ask " Why are you crying?"
When something is not working to his advantage, he will say clearly " This is not working. "
Or if he simply doesn't want something, he will say our favorite "I don't want it. I don't like it."

But the worst thing that he has learned is " Come back!" As if you were leaving somewhere and he will say to you "Come back!". I find it fascinating that the more personality that Jack acquires, the more in awe I am of him in what kind of a person he is becoming. I also find it funny that this is not the first time that I have said " Jack is starting to say this now! And I hate it!" You would not like it either if your little one seems to have grown up in what feels like a week.

Last week Jack and I were talking our after dinner walk - and when we were coming back , he saw that Brian was pulling out of the driveway. He started to run and yell out

Wait Papa! Come back!!

When he saw that Brian left, he started to cry. It was that sorrowful cry that a kid has when they have experienced the saddest feeling in the world. He is two. He didn't know that papa would be right back. Hearing his cry broke my heart in a million pieces. I tried to console him and tell him that papa would be right back. Instead, my tears came right down with his. Just because I couldn't stand to hear him so sad. In other words, I should not be the parent that Jack should come to when he is older to tell me that some bully is pushing him around. Cause I will probably cry right next to him and say shakingly" It's aaalright." Thank God for Brian. He truly is the rock in the house. I am here for the emotions. Brian is here to soothe. Thank you sweets.

As a parent, your emotions becomes intensified by 1,000. There is so much feeling that you have for your child that it is so hard to explain sometimes. Your love for them is truly unconditional. And I never knew what that meant or what that felt like. I knew what it was when I knew that I wanted to be with Brian and only him. But to have this little person that Brian and I have. It's a whole other world of love. We just consider ourselves so lucky to have him as our joy in life. Quite honestly, we would not want it any other way.

No comments: