Thursday, February 4, 2010

I like......

Tuesday - February 2

We were having dinner at my parents house when Jack announced:

"I like TV."

My heart leaped that he actually formed his first coherent sentence. One that you can actually understand word for word on what he said. Then my heart sank a bit that he said I like TV. A sign to me that perhaps he watches too much of it? Sometimes, I cannot help it. I am trying to fix the house, or clean or cook, Brian is working and Jack wants to pull my hand in his direction. If I were to let him pull me all the time, nothing would get done. Sometimes a Thomas DVD is necessary. And I hate that I am writing that right now. I wanted to be one of those parents that would not use the DVD as an excuse to entertain your child. That their child would be happy and content playing his cars over and over and over again. But in the middle of winter....and you live in Chicago...a DVD is a last resort. Sorry bud.

Wednesday - February 3

We went out to dinner with my father in law. Both Brian and my father in law ordered BBQ ribs. To Jack's eyes, all that goopy sauce translated to pizza for him. Why, I have no idea. I guess they are both similar in color.

"Pizza!! I like Pizza."

Now, is this a sign that Jack eats too much pizza? Definitely not. That was just a sign that he is an intelligent kid that recognizes pizza from the pizza commercials. From the too much TV that he watches. Kidding of course.

Unto dessert, where we had peach cobbler.
"Do you want some peaches?" -Brian

( tastes his first peach cobbler) "Mmmm, I like peaches." -Jack

That's our boy.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Tell Jack that I like all those things, too!!