Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Cold turkey can be tough on everyone"

So says our friend and family member Rita Takenaga. She was referring to the no TV for Jack for the week.

Day 2 Tuesday

I slipped only because Brian had to leave for an assignment at night, Jack had already eaten dinner at my parents, and I had to eat something for dinner or else I would pass out. My only" babysitter" at the moment was a DVD (booooooo) .
That only lasted about 15 minutes. Then TV was off!

Day 3 Wednesday

I had a day off. We were trying to gather everything since we were about to go to the Oceanarium that day. And any parent knows that in preparing to go out somewhere is literally a one hour task.
Diapers? Check
Wipes? Check
Books? Check
Snacks and drinks? Check
Diaper cream? Check
Change of clothes? Check ( which by the way, I cannot believe that Jack is two and we still have to carry around a change of clothes.I thought that would stop when the infant blow outs would stop. Wrong)
So, in trying to get ready and to keep Jack still for a couple of minutes, Toy Story had to play.
Other than that, no TV.

It has been somewhat good. Jack is not a boy that throws HUGE temper tantrums and will cry and whine for hours on end. He will complain for about 1 minute and then will go and keep busy with something else.

That one minute though,,,that one minute of crying, sad faces, angry faces, and saying No....is like nails on the chalkboard for me. Brian ,the rock, is not fazed and for that I am eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Brian Morowczynski said...

February 18th? How bout an update sometime here.