Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Gems

* Saturday was a perfect day for the park. We were walking down the steps when Jack got a burst of the "It's a warm day" excitements. He kept jumping up and down and singing "Go outside! Go outside! Go outside!"
I could not stop laughing for the next five minutes.

* It was a boy's day out for Brian, Jack and my father in law as they went to Milwaukee (yes as in Wisconsin) to go to a train layout convention. They spent five hours there.
Brian said that Jack would get upset everytime they would leave a train layout, but quickly got over it when they arrived at another one.

* We ate dinner at the Elmwood Family restaurant yesterday. Kind of those mom and pop restaurants where the restaurant marquee exclaims -Dinner and Cocktails. Yeah, now you know what I am referring to.
We ordered a cream of chicken for Jack. Which he was eating fine, til he got his hands on the Saltines. From then on, he kept dipping his crackers into the soup. He then got a hold of my french fries and dipped the fries in the soup.

* Jack asked for a sip of my "water", which was actually Sprite. I said " alright you asked for it" and watched as he gave me the most disgusted look for having drunk that fizzy liquid. I then told Jack "This is Mommy's water, and that is yours", pointing to his cup.
He then repeated over and over, "Dis is Mami's, dis is Jack's.

* As we left the Elmwood Restaurant, the cashier asked if Jack could have a lollipop. I said "He can't , but I can."

No comments: