Sunday, January 25, 2009

Unto Year # 2

All new moms say this, but I cannot believe that Jack is one. I thought that when he would turn one, that he would already be running around the house, have a different older looking face, and saying many words like yes, no and thank you. Silly me. It was weird to see Jack on his birthday and still see his little baby face. He looks somewhat older, but not as older looking as I thought he would. Does that make sense?
My best friend Allie told me that she found it hard to sing Happy Birthday when her daughter turned one, cause it is such a huge milestone.
The night before his birthday, I took Jack to bed. And saw this boy sleeping in the crib and couldn't believe that a year has passed by. I was trying to have a slide show in my head of his first year, but all I could think about was how it felt to feed Jack. I would sit on the couch, and he would happily feed as he lay on the boppy. And I would watch the four o'clock news. I was trying to remember his little sounds that he made while he fed, and I started to cry. Like a scene out of a movie, I was looking at my little boy, in his room in the dark,and I cried. I came back into the living room and looked at Brian. He didn't have to ask why I was crying.

I am really glad that I have kept up with this blog. I like that others still read this blog, and I like that I have an eternal diary of what it felt like to expierience all of life's firsts.

Unto year 2, and I cannot wait til the summer.

No comments: