Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Cast

Jack has fractured his little toe. This is something that I thought would happen when he would play Pee Wee football, not when he is one.

Brian and Jack took a tumble yesterday and that resulted in a somewhat sore back for Brian and a fractured toe for Jack. He was great in the emergency room. He was inspecting the stethoscopes as the nurses checked his heart. He would lay comfortably on the hospital bed sometimes. He would check out the nurses'name tag and would even go "Hff hff hff" which made the nurse ask him " Are you laughing at my picture?" It sounded like it.

I was a mess. I would cry all the time. I would look at his little foot bandaged up and would get misty eyed. I would think about how Jack would look like with a cast as we would try to walk around and I just held him tighter. I felt bad for Brian cause he kept saying" I feel so bad" over and over again. This could have easily have happened with me.
Jack is in a splint now but will have his cast put on on Monday. Stay tuned for that adventure. I will make sure Brian will take tons of photos. And I will make sure that I will wear waterproof mascara.

By the way- Jack will never play football cause I won't let him.

No comments: