Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And the cast is on...

He was the super champ of all super champs yesterday. He was fine throughout the entire doctor visit. The only time that he got upset was when he had to get another X-ray taken, just to make sure that it really was a fracture. I was a little bit wary of this because of the few times that I have taken off his bandage to tighten it up, he would get nervous and would start to cry for a little bit. And I made a sad face every time he cried so knowing that they would take it off made me a bit nervous.


We entered in the x-ray room and it had cute little decals of fish swimming in the sea on the machine. But really, the last place kids are looking are at the fish. Kids really look at their parents with the "get me out of here look." As soon as we lay Jack on the x-ray table, he lost it. I didn't even want to see on what the nurse was doing with his foot- readjusting the position, making sure it was aligned properly to take the photo. I just held his little head and kissed his tears. Soon my tears mixed with his and when it hit me that this was really happening, I lost it. Really, what is going to happen when Jack skins his knee and cries? Am I going to cry along with him. Such an emotional mother am I.








Jack will have his cast on for three weeks. Which is such great news cause originally we were hearing that it was going to be for 4 - 6 weeks. He had a good night and slept the whole night through. Now my only concern is to teach my child with a heavy cast on how to walk. Parenthood.

No comments: