Monday, January 5, 2009

Favorite Jack Moments

To start the countdown til Jack turns the big ONE, I am going to start posting my favorite Jack moments from this past year. I'll post Brian's too but first I actually have to remember to ask him about his favorite moment.

First day out - February 15,2008
Last winter was brutal. And I have taken it as my personal job to let everyone and every girl know to not have a baby in the middle of winter. Cause man that was hard. So the first time we went out, there was still a lot of snow on the ground. Thankfully, the sidewalk was shoveled just enough to walk on without slipping down on your butt. And the weather was a hot and humid 29 degrees. BONUS! I needed makeup, so I took that as an excuse to go out with Jack. Alone. With snow built up at three inches high. Bundling Jack up was a bit of a challenge, since he protested as I wrapped him up in the warmest one piece that I had with a cute GAP hat, and on top of that , placed a blanket on top of him. But I felt so proud as soon as I stepped outside. New mom, braving the harsh world, with only her baby at her side. When I walked into CVS, everyone gave me this smile. That smile, that you receive when you have a stroller with you, and I know that everyone was dying to know what the baby looked like. Some people went "Awwww" as they saw him.
"Yeah, I know. He is adorable."
All I did was smile. I felt prouder. Then we came home in time to watch Jeopardy.

No comments: