Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving, new wake up call and the ever loving hacking cough

Thanksgiving was pretty good for us. Our niece spent the day with us and it worked out well since we were cooking, she was mostly playing with Jack. However, all that playtime led to no afternoon nap. 7 pm rolls around and Jack fell asleep. Great. So i thought, Fine he will have an early bedtime and he will wake up early tomorrow. No big deal.Well, he wakes up at 8pm. Terrific. Around 11:30, Jack still wanted to play but I thought at that point that it was just ridiculous. So I placed him in the crib, he cried for about 15 minutes, and went to sleep. Only to wake up at 5:30 am.

Which leds to another great adventure that Brian and I are embarking with Jack now, his new wake up time. He has been waking up sometimes at 4:30, sometimes at 5:30. We don't know whether to give him a bottle, pick him up, or try to just have him go back to sleep and keep him in his crib. The last choice makes Jack give out this shrill scream that Brian and I just look at each other and say "Huh???" At 4:30 your mind really is not in working mode. We came to a final decision that the next time that happens , we will just let Jack cry it out. Which sucks, cause we did that on Monday morning and he cried for about an hour. Straight. No pauses. At one point , I wished that I could send a hologram of myself so it can soothe Jack and he could go back to sleep. This morning , he woke up at 6. Perfect time. Perhaps he learned his lesson.

Jack is sick once again. My parents blame the cold, that perhaps Jack's room is cold (trust me, it is very warm in there) and the fact that I don't dress Jack up in 5 layers of t-shirts and turtlenecks.

I pretty much blame Germs. Gotta go, I must call the pediatrician for the ump-tenth time.

No comments: