Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Best Mom moment ever- so far

I went out with a friend last night so I didn't come home til eight.Yes, I know that is late.
My dad was taking care of Jack and usually, my dad is the king of getting Jack to fall asleep early. I walk in and sure enough, there was my dad , sitting on the couch and Jack was sleeping in his arms. I made the slightest sound when I walked in so Jack's head snapped and woke up. He saw me and started to whine a bit so I took him from my dad. Jack immediately relaxed, and with those little chubby arms was trying to put his arms around me. His little legs kicked and he just got so happy. And he looked at me like he was relieved that I was home. If he could talk, I swear he could have said "yay Mommy's home. You're home!!!!!" I didn't let him go, swayed with him for 20 minutes, sang a lullabye and then, blissfully,he went to sleep.

There are few moments when I really feel like a mom. Last night was one of them. Jack's lullabye last night was Bye Bye Baby by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye) - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

No comments: