Monday, December 22, 2008

11 Months

(photos to come soon)

So here we are at 11 months. This weekend, we went out with to see the Christmas tree at the Daley Center and look at the Macy's windows. My mind kept going back to last year, when I was enormously pregnant, my back ached, my feet were swollen so big that they couldn't even fit in my sneakers, and I waddled very carefully as I walked to work. Back then, I kept thinking to this year and wondered what our baby was going to look like. What would it be like during Christmas with our first? Would he like it? Would he like Santa? I cannot believe that we are here a year later and how quickly a year has gone by.
Jack is definitely showing his personality. One of his trademarks is his grunt that he greets other people with. If there is someone that he does not know, he will not just look at them. He will give them a serious look and go "Urrrrgggghhhh". It takes him about 10 minutes for him to warm up to you. Please don't take offense if he ever does that to you. That is just his way of saying hello. He has got the waving hello and good bye down. Sometimes, he waves at the Sesame Street characters. Sometimes he will wave at Brian if Brian is still sleeping.
He has started to walk around by holding unto furniture now. He still does not have the confidence to stand on his own. He gets super excited when there are kids, babies, dogs or cats around. He will start to laugh whenever one approaches his way. He has no fear of animals at all. And that's a good thing since Aunt Jill has a fiesty dog named Wilson and Tia Maria has a fiesty cat named Tiger.

And most importantly, Jack has given me his first real kiss. On the cheek. Ended it with a hug.

No comments: