Wednesday, March 5, 2008

wait... there are others like us????


My friend Aimee sent me this link to this meetup group online. I think the website is Meetup.com but there is an Oak Park moms group that is on this site. Since this has been the most horrible winter ever ( I can't say that enough ) I was a bit more than overjoyed when I went on this site. Basically, it is just a bunch of moms that gather together at places in Oak Park and just talk. My only friend this past 6 weeks has been the tv, Jack or my mom so we went to one of the gatherings yesterday. It felt like the first day of kindergarten. I was a bit nervous, I didn't know anyone and I didn't know of what to expect or if anyone would like me. When we walked in, there were two moms at the entrance so in my playful voice I said " Hey is this the Oak Park moms group?" They said yes and I joined in the conversation of how often do our babies have explosives. Explosives in mom's terms is when apparently they have so much poo that it "explodes" out of their diapers. See I learned something new that day. It turned out to be so refreshing to hear so many other moms say that this has been such a crappy winter, how no one has been out for so long, and how lonely it has been if we can't go out at all. Hey me too. I met this lady named Betsy who also has her first kid and we have our official mom lunch date on Friday. Horray!! I can actually have a real conversation with someone at 1 in the afternoon.


No comments: