Thursday, March 20, 2008

One more week til blah

My moms at Oak Park group have been trying to cheer me up that I am going back to work. They say that the moms that they do know that went back found the change in routine good. Thanks moms but I really do want to stay here. With my kid. Waking up, having the morning together and then having the afternoon out. It is too bad that I joined this moms group kind of late. But just as I was about to kick myself for joining late, I realized that this was the winter of discontent and even if I did join earlier, there was no way that I was going to go anywhere and meet anyone.



We did have a meeting today and it was the special infant chat session. It was a roomful of babies, all 6 months and under , all babbling, crying and talking at once. I thought that with the cries, Jack would wake up and join in the crying gang. Instead he woke up and seemed to be interested in the other babies. It was the first time that he has woken up and not looked at me. He didn't look at me for a good 5 minutes, which in mom time is forever.



Our first achievement this week is that Jack has discovered his fingers. He can now semi-gracefully place his fingers in his mouth and suck. He has also given his first hickey. Spike was holding him over his shoulder. Being in that position had Jack direct access to his arm. So he started to suck away . Later on as I was changing his diaper, I freaked out that there was some red rash -like spot on his arm. I inspected it to remember that Jack was sucking on that spot earlier and had a good laugh that he sucked it so well to give himself a hickey. Nice. I thought. Very nice.

No comments: