Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Ultimate Star Wars Fan

No, I am not talking about myself here. Yes, I am the ultimate Star Wars fan. I can watch the movies over and over again and not get sick of it. I did say "WHAATTTTT???" when I heard that a new Star Wars movie was being created, but already was making plans of who would I take with to see it opening night. I did meet an Ewok when I was 6 in Puerto Rico of all places and was a super happy girl that day. I didn't even see Return of the Jedi but I knew meeting an Ewok was a life changing event.

Jack is now the super ultimate Star Wars fan.

I mentioned Star Wars to Jack a couple of times when he was younger, around the 4ish age. It didn't really click in when one day he just asked to watch it. He did and he was hooked. Now, I do have to admit that as we watched it, I would comment and say " Isn't that ship cool? " I would also make sure to point out who was who and what the exact plot was. He loves everything about it, the lightsabers, the sound of the lighsabers, the huge battle scene of Darth and Luke in Empire Strikes Back. He sounds a lot like me when I was his age. I never had anyone tell me how cool this movie was. I just fell in love with this movie by my own. 
Jack loves playing the Darth battle scene with me and for some reason, I am always the one with my hand getting chopped off. Then he takes it a step further and starts chopping off my other hand, my arms, my legs, finally my whole half of my body. Let me inform you that all this chopping off doesn't happen in any of the movies, just hands. Jack likes to intensify the battle scene on his own.

Wait - Anakin gets his whole body chopped off in Revenge of the Sith. Stop!! Nerd alert!! Back to Jack........

I am happy that he found this as his go to movie. He will still watch his Pixar movies from time to time, but Star Wars has taken a bit leap forward over Toy Story and Ratatouille. With the help of his cousin, Jack is "borrowing" a Darth Vader doll to play with his new Clone Trooper that he got for Easter. The job for Mama and Papa now is to find a Darth Vader doll for Jack to own. 

For anyone that says Star Wars is too much for a kid blah blah, let it be known that in the beginning credits, Jack reads the whole intro story. This kid is learning to read as he watches the movie! A win win.

No comments: