Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Sentimental Mess That Is Myself

I have talked time and time again on how I get mushy over the littlest details of any Pixar movie. Really, how can you not, with the tiny fin holding the tiny Nemo egg in Finding Nemo to the final goodbye scene in Toy Story 3. I am getting choked up right now typing this, no joke.
But I need to strengthen up, be a strong mom! How can I be the strong mom when my kid comes to me in tears? Just seeing that my kids are upset for some reason breaks me in two, as I always want them to have the best and brightest memories ever. Not possible, I know, but I think my sentimental meter gets another notch or two every time we see a Disney movie.
I know there are a lot of you out there that when you read this, you will be nodding your head and saying "Exactly!! This is why I cry too at this part!" At least I hope you will so I am not alone in this.

1. Toy Story 3 Final Goodbye Scene
Two special thanks for this scene.
1. Special thanks to the director of this movie, Lee Unkrich, for turning around a very dismal scene in which the toys were almost burnt to a crisp to the most bittersweet scene in which the toys get a new life with the little girl Bonnie.
2. An uber thanks to Randy Newman, for creating a sweet heart wrenching soundtrack to this final scene. Every violin made me cry a bit more.

2. Lion King
I remember getting a bit sad when I saw this movie many years ago, but now it has increased ten fold with having kids. Simba loses his dad, and right after the big speech of how the great kings look after Simba and his dad via the stars?? It reminds me of how my dad uses beautiful analogies to explain life, and seeing Simba and Mufasa is like seeing Jack and Brian. The whole father-son aspect tugs my heartstrings ever more so now that I have sons.


3.Disney 50  Animated Movies
Just search this video up. It shows clips of every animated Disney movie. The tearjerker in this one for me is the song that they use for this clip, called Dreams. "You, you're in my dreams."
Once again relating this to my sons. The bonus is to see Jack get excited over every Disney movie in this clip that I loved as a child. Sentimental value galore.



4. Tangled Paper Lanterns
This cute little scene where Rapunzel finally sees the lanterns for the first time. Plus the scene right before it is killer  -the king and queen cry silently since they are still releasing the lanterns yet their daughter is not found. My husband recognized that it was nice that there was no dialog in that scene, just actions. I think Disney secretly did that so it would give everyone a chance to wipe their eyes from crying.


5. Up- Carl and Ellie
The moment where she holds his hand as they are reading just because. The setting up the nursery. The moment in the hospital. Enough said.





No comments: