Thursday, October 4, 2012

The First Words

Charlie talks! And now the world awaits as to what will be the next word that will be coming out of his mouth.

His first words ( in order ) :

Dada-  yes, as in Dad, papa,my husband. At first we thought he was just doing baby babble and saying ba ba ba, da da da. Til one day he looked right up at my husband and said "dada." My husband couldn't be prouder only because his first word was dada.

Jaja - I always ask Charlie on where is Jack? This huge smile would appear on his little chubby face and he would go Ja? til he saw Jack. Then he will squeal in delight. There is such a thing as squealing in delight for those of you that have never experienced it before. Charles is the master of squealing.

Mama - yes!!! He finally said Mama!! He would say "Ma" a lot and that would be when he would want milk at 4am. I always took the Ma for a whine, as in " buahana maaaaaa.
Today however, right at 4:30am Charlie got up. He was whining for a bit when he said "Mama." How could I get mad at 4:30 now when my son has called out my official name. I scooped him up and kissed his forehead and said " Thank you for calling my name."

Just to confirm that Charlie is indeed saying words, when Jack woke up today I said " Look Charlie, it's Jack."
He went " Ja, Ja!" I happily went over to Jack and said " Did you hear? Charlie just said your name!!!!"
Jack was less than impressed since it was 6 am. I think he was awoken by Charlie's cries. His look pretty much said " I am awake at 6am. I don't care who is saying my name at this moment."
We can't please them all. This mama is very pleased however.

No comments: