Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Baby Moments

I was not sure why a couple of weeks ago I was praying for the day for Charlie to be older. Perhaps my frame of mind was that I just wanted things to be a bit easier than they are now. We are pretty much a family that goes from here to there and cannot really be at one place for too long. We are that much in demand!
Kidding, but things are so busy right now, especially at home when Charlie pretty much just wants someone to walk him around the whole house. I don't blame him. He sees his awesome brother running around. Who wouldn't want to run around with that guy? Crawling is babies, running around is for Charlie.

Then nighttime comes and I nurse Charlie to sleep. All the sweet baby, I never want you to grow up moments rush in like a flash. I soak in every moment that Charlie and I have together at night. I breathe in his baby smell, I stroke his super soft baby hair, I pat his little butt to go to sleep. I listen to his intense breathing as he first nurses, then gradually turns to relaxed I am getting my Mama's milk breathing. He touches my arm, sometimes strokes it, but most of the time it just lays there.

Why do I want these moments to fade? I don't, and as my little baby becomes older and older, I hope that there will always be moments like this between us, where we just enjoy and live in each other's company.
I need to remind myself that moments like this do not last forever. But they are here and now.

No comments: