Monday, October 15, 2012

The 11th Month

Here we are. Down to the very last minute countdown. Could it be really true that almost a year has gone by? It has been almost a year when Brian and I went to the hospital to have a very long labor ( 22 hours ) and look at us now. Running around now more than ever. Jobs here, bathtime and bedtimes there. Yes, I still will not talk about the good bedtime habits. I still think it is a jinx. This is known to be true as my sister asked me last Wednesday on how Charlie has been sleeping. " Oh better, blah blah blah" was my response. And here came the jinx gods, descended upon our room that very night and has made Charlie now wake up at 3, then 4:.30, then 5:30. This is in the AM. Come on Charlie!! I am right now praying to the gods of intensely good slumber and in hopes that they sprinkle upon the sleeping dust to Charlie and his brother Jack. Yes, Jack has been waking up in the middle of the night now. Guess who has discovered on how to remember his dreams and now wants us to be with him in the middle of the night? Jack does.
I laughed today in the morning when my husband looked at Charlie and said" Hey! You had a really good sleep last night! " What?? I said, well Charlie woke up around 4 and Jack woke me up in the night to bring me back to his room. 
Guess who didn't get a good night sleep last night? Me. I should be used to it. I haven't been getting a good night sleep for 5 years now. Why should I start now? 



Charlie now calls me Nana. I think it is the cutest name anyone has given me. When he gets really upset, he calls me Mama. That is when he means serious business. He also has this great rolling sound that he makes with his tongue. It rattles within his teeth; if you hear that sound. that means Charlie is incredibly happy. 



Like his brother, Charlie loves animals. Dogs, cats, bunnies. Anything cute and furry tickles his tummy the right way. He has a lot of these touch and feel books so we spend a good while talking about the different animals. Also like his older brother, Charlie takes great delight in putting the furry books to his mouth. At first I thought he was giving them kisses. Then I saw that he was trying to eat the kitten "fur" from the book. Jack used to do the same thing when he was that age.



Jack is a fan of school. He still doesn't like singing Happy Birthday and hearing when others sing in general. It's a process that we are trying to deal with, as Jack has had issues with loud noises in general. He is getting better at listening to loud sounds, but one day at a time you know? On the extra bright side, he has discovered Angry Birds and tells me that he loves me almost every day. 

No comments: