Friday, September 14, 2012

The 10th Month


Here we are. 2 months away from the big 1st Birthday. Two months away from saying that we no longer have any babies in the family. Ever. Again.
I am a bit sad, especially when I see videos of infant Charlie and his infant cries, but I am more excited about Toddler Charlie. Toddler Charlie that gets to run around with the big kids. Toddler Charlie that gets to play with Jack. Toddler Charlie that gets to talk and say words!! I am anxious to meet that Charlie.

The 10th month mark has brought our most challenging days and nights as parents so far. Charlie still wakes about 3 times in the middle of the night to either semi nurse or just to lay with me so he can sleep. He also fights his naps in the daytime. This kid has horrible sleeping routines. It's not easy either since every day it's a new schedule. They are either at home or has to rush to the sitters or relax til Jack goes to school at 12:30. There is no set day where they can definitely say " at 9:30am we are home, so Charlie can now nap." That only happens on the weekends. I feel bad for Charlie and I don't blame him for not wanting to sleep when we demand him too. I hope as he gets older, a better sleeping schedule is in store for him.

Charlie has learned to talk within the past week. He has been doing a lot of  "papa, papa, papa" , has been saying "Ese" - which in Spanish means "that one."
I would like to think that he is speaking in Spanish, but he could be just saying the "ssssss" sound that sounds like "ese" .Oh well.

Jack has really been liking school. His first at school assignment was tracing O's and lines. I am not sure where school is going with the O's and lines, but it is adorable to see how Jack has traced the lines. Started off well on the top then veered off towards the bottom. Isn't that what we all did when we traced our lines?

Our 11th month starts - a certain mom turns 36 and the plans are underway for the big birthday brunch.

No comments: