Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Tired Nights

We thought that it was tiring just to get up at 12:30 am, when Jack would wander aimlessly into our room only to put him back in bed. And not before we would make him go into the bathroom for a midnight pee, and deal with him crying cause he was tired and just wanted to sleep.
Confused? So are we at 12:30 am.
Now comes the virus that Charlie is currently battling. This is his first time he is sick and it sucks. Let me say that again. It sucks. He is feverish, has a bit of cough and is on the verge of getting an ear infection. Thankfully, the doctor has prescribed some antibiotics that he has to take and gags every time he takes it. Poor kid already gags when he takes his Tylenol and Motrin. He's only 5 months!!!! Also, the good doctor said that he would have to take a nebulizer treatment since he is a bit congested. But he should take it in the morning and we should pay attention to how he reacts, since that medicine tends to make a kid crazy.
I was just getting used to the fact that Jack has to take a nebulizer treatment for his sporadic cough. And now I find my other son having to do it.
I couldn't take it. Yesterday was the worst and I just cried as I watched Charlie wince in pain, hot and burning with his fever and probably in pain because of his ear. Breastfeeding didn't soothe him. A pacifier didn't soothe him. Our rocking him and shushing him didn't soothe him. I felt horrible and was just thinking of the endless night that lay before us of the crying and no sleep.
So I cried. A lot. I was exhausted and realized that many more nights like this were in store for us. I wanted some magic fairy to literally come through the window and sprinkle some dust so Charlie can be well again. When she didn't come, I shaked off my tears and tried to be the strong mama. I gave Charlie one last try of breastfeeding (it worked ) and put Jack to bed.
A tired mama I am, and I really hope last night was the worst for us.

No comments: