Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Fifth Month

We had our first virus with Charlie. It was a scary one. He was having fevers every day and by the 4th day, we both thought that something was up. At that point we were both thinking it was teething fevers. But Charlie was just getting hotter and hotter. We checked his temp and at one point, his fever raked in at 103!! Enough was enough and we took him to urgent aid. It turned out that he was on the cusp of getting an ear infection so he received a round of antibiotics for 10 days. It really wasn't a full 10 days of medicine since I suck at giving my kids medicine. I would forget every day til the next day, Brian would ask, Did you give Charlie his medicine.?" Duh, no, and then I would smack my head against the wall.

Jack had an interesting month. He is slowly learning that babies cry and he is deciding that at last, he doesn't like it. He shows this by laughing. He laughs every time Charlie cries and it drives Brian and myself up the wall. It sounds somewhat maniacal and it is like nails on a chalkboard when we hear it. We constantly tell him that it is not nice to laugh at your little brother but he gives us this look like " I will laugh anyways." If for any other reason, I would laugh when he laughs like this, but the reason why he is laughing is not so cute. It takes a lot of patience to tell him over and over again to not do it, here's hoping that he will stop soon enough.

This was also the month that we decided to baptize the boys. I know and have my reason on why we held out for so long, but a baptism is just a day right? Like Steve Brady said in Sex and The City " Miranda, if you don't believe in the baptism, just think of it as sprinking water on the babies head."
Or something like that. Sorry boys, that is the last time I mention Sex and the City on your blog.

No comments: