Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The New Establishment

10 years ago, when I first met Brian's family, the majority of his cousins ranged from ages 14 - 2 years old. These kids were a cute bunch, and it was nice to see so many cousins playing with each other and hanging out. Most of my cousins live in Ecuador, so I never had a big group of cousins to be with at family parties.I have three that live here in the states. My memories of them are fond, but when I met Brian's family, I knew there was that little part of memories that could have been made that was missing.

Now that those cousins are in college, the new generation is slowly taking over. This group consists of the children of the cousins. Mainly, it is the three daughters of Brian's cousin, Jack and our niece Frances.

Almost everyone was over at my mother in law's yesterday for Labor Day, and it was nice to see us, the original young ones, now as the adults. While our kids now are the ones that are running around, playing, and calling for each other to play games.

It was a weird feeling for sure. When was I kicked out of the kid table come dinner time? When did I become the adult, with the husband, the kid and the SUV? Life moves too fast for sure. And here is my child, almost 4!! with another on the way. This is me??? The me who would listen to The Cure and write in her journal.
Here I am, a vision of my parents, now with a child of my own. It feels good. It feels very good.

No comments: