Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Time Off

There are times when Brian goes out and does his own thing. Goes out with friends, whatever.When he does, and it is just Jack and I at night, those are my snuggle times with Jack, because we just watch a movie and lay on the couch.Relax.

Today since Jack hasn't had a nap, he fell asleep really early. As in 6 pm - this kid usually sleeps around 8:30. With Brian gone, I was hoping to have my time with Jack, watch Bambi, and lay in bed and read books.
With Jack sleeping and Brian gone, I have never been so bored in my life. I am soooo used to being the mom that runs around, has dinner, washes dishes and has maybe 40 minutes with her son before he goes to sleep. Sometimes I think, if I could have a night to myself, I would love it and just relax and sit and do nothing.

Now I have such night to myself. And all I want is to wake up my son so I can see his little smile. Yes, I still hate that I have to work. I hate that everyone is doing all this great stuff with my kid and not me. Brian takes him to museums, my parents bought him Bambi. I wanted to buy him Bambi. I wanted to be the person that would give him that great surprise. What do I get him? A tired look. And the working mom phrase of "I've had a hard day, can you please eat your dinner?"

The moral of the story is - Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it. " I asked for a night to myself and here I am. I am going to make the best out of it. make some hot chocolate. listen to Radiohead,catch up on this blog.
I will try to relax on this cold March day. I say cold because this apartment has no heat, and the landlord scrimps us of heat. I can go and complain to him, but I've had a hard day. Can he just turn the heat up just a bit?

2 comments:

Aimee said...

This post makes me sad. I want to come give you a big hug. xoxo

dre eraz morow said...

Thanks Aimee. It's all part of being a mom right? Give your kiddos a hug from me.