Monday, March 7, 2011

The Pronoun Reversal

Jack usually switches "you" and "me" when using a sentence.

Case in point - when he burbs, he looks at me and laughs. I will tell him "say excuse me" and then he will say " excuse you." Which now that I think about it , I don't know if he says that because he thinks it's funny or because he really does reverse the me and you. It would be the former since he laughs himself silly every time he says that.

But for awhile now,if he wants to get picked up, he will say "Can I carry you?" Which really means " carry me."

Brian and I always joke around when he says that. We will say stuff like "Oh, I don't know, we're kind of heavy for you." or " You're going to carry me? Great! Here we go!"

Which Jack will just give us the look of "Yeah, yeah, now can you just carry me? "

No comments: