Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Changing of the Seasons


Jack , for the first time, really understood what Fall was about. He realized that the leaves were changing color and that all the leaves eventually fall off the tree.
What is it about jumping in the pile of leaves? I don't think that I ever did that as a kid. Am I deprived? Who knows? I think that my childhood was good considering that I watched a good amount of Tom and Jerry.
Jack got every chance that he could get when he saw the pile of leaves to throw them up in the air. He also became curious one day and thought it would be a good idea to take a handful and crunch them in his mouth. Now I know I didn't do something like that as a kid.
This Fall was a strange one. It was mild - about 70's , 60's. Just when I packed away the summer clothes, I had to bring it out one last time for a couple more weeks.
We are now coming upon that dreadful season we call Winter. I love that every year, I always ask Brian what state can we live in that would be the perfect temperature all year round. About 80 degrees and sunny.
His response is always the same :We could live somewhere else but that would mean goodbye to our family and the free daycare ( my parents take care of Jack Mondays and Tuesdays).

oh.

Well, then I am glad that we are raising our boy in Chicago. Land of the windchill. It toughens you up doesn't it? If you can survive a winter in Chicago, you can do anything!
We are also coming up on the season of the colds and runny noses. Jack currently has one and I am bravely trying to fight off whatever is brewing in me right now. Pleeeeaase! I don't think I have another sick day at work and I will be upset if I use a vacation day as a sick day.

No comments: