Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Never ending Question

"When is the second one coming?"

Well, considering that we are not pregnant, I don't know. How can you plan for a family? Is that a stupid question to ask?
The likely scenario that we would like to be in would be debt free, making a decent amount of money, and then we can plan for the second child. However, can that happen soon enough? What if it doesn't?
I think sometimes that it would be better to have Jack fully potty trained and speak in complete sentences before we have a second one. Yet, I see our friends having the second child and their first one is not potty trained yet. I say to myself " Wow, how do they do that?" Duh, Andrea, it is not rocket science. People raise two kids every day. We could too.
But our lives are so hectic now, and running from here to there, could we have another kid? How? When? HOW?
People ask us the second child question all the time - wouldn't Jack like to have a little sibling? It makes me feel sometimes like I am not giving enough to my child. We give our child food, clothes, all our blood , sweat and tears when we work. It is not enough though because we have to give Jack that sibling. And what if it never happens? Would we fail as parents?
There is nothing better that I would love to do now than give Jack a brother or sister. But When is the ever ending question. When? Hey, I would love to tell you but I am not sure when myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For me it's the "When are you gonna have the first one?". I realize by reading your entry that my worries about having one are the same as the ones you have now when you think about a 2nd. (Debt, Money, Time, etc.)I guess when it comes to having kids, you can always think of a million reasons why it'll never be a good time. But when it happens, it seems like everyone just adjusts to the situation. It also seems like people are always going to have an opinion about what you should be doing and when when really, these types of choices are very personal. Either way, you've done a great job with Jack so I'm pretty sure you guys will be fine, 2nd kid or not!