Monday, July 19, 2010

The Anticipation

We are about to go on our first family vacation trip by car that lasts more than 2 hours in the car trip.
Jack now realizes that enough is enough when he is in the car for too long. And he does get a little antsy.

I want out? He will say. And please know that he does say this as nicely as possible. And he does say it in the form of a question.

My fear is that he will be growling as soon as we pass by the Sears Theatre on I-90. Sorry, I have no idea in what suburb that is in.
And then when we reach Rockford, he may just growl a bit longer. And when we get to Wisconsin and we stop at a rest stop, it will be over. Because Jack will want to stretch his legs and run around. He is 2 1/2. He doesn't understand the concept of a rest stop yet.

Our end of the journey will be St. Paul. MN, a lovely 7 hours away. I think we have been spoiled this whole time where the most we had to go by car is New Buffalo, MI. And that is only two hours away.
OK, I lied. We did go to Minnesota when Jack was 8 months. But he was so little at that time, that he mostly slept the whole way. So that wasn't a real test for us.
So here we are, on another milestone in Jack's life. I wanted to do a flight to Minnesota, only because I wanted to cheat ourselves and endure just an hour and a half trip for Jack, and delay the 7 hour trip for another time. No such luck.
Wish us luck, one week and counting til the big trip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack!! Don't worry! Riding in the car for that long is great fun!!! Who am I kidding . . . it sucks. Don't forget your Thomas the Train books.

dre eraz morow said...

Thanks Pam - I am sure you will hear every detail of our adventure when we arrive.