Friday, January 8, 2010

First Hotel Stay

Working in a hotel has its perks - such as staying in the hotel that you work at. I had an opportunity to do so, at a date of my choice. I picked December 23, the day before Christmas, the day that I get to leave work early, the day before the holidays. Brian and Jack checked in before me and Brian said that as soon as they walked in the room, Jack ran over to the windows and never left. My thought was that in having a king size bed in the room, we could sleep together and not worry about cribs for once.
Wrong.
At 10pm, Jack was still running from the bedroom to the living room, from the living room to the bedroom, just looking out and occasionally saying "Mama, Papa, CHOO CHOO!" as he saw the El go by. It was at that point that Brian called Housekeeping to bring in a crib. Placed the crib in the room, placed Jack in the crib and give him the hint that it was time for bed. He ended crying for about 5 minutes before he drifted off. That late night ended up with a late wake up time for us. 8 am!!
When was the last time we all woke up at 8?















2 comments:

jalant said...

As ALWAYS awesome pictures!!! Love him in that bed!! Also I had the same idea when my niece spent the night with us...keep her up late as possible so she'll sleep in-WRONG 6:30AM. FAIL.

PS- You're on my blogroll now! :-)

Auntie Jill said...

Now you guys gotta start using those cheap hotel stays to travel!