Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday # 2

This was the birthday weekend of all birthday weekends. Three days, three different birthday cakes,three different groups of people. All gathered around to celebrate the big 2 for Jack. Is turning 2 bigger than 1? I thought the first birthday was the big birthday. But this past weekend was alot. And when it is your son's birthday, there are no rules as to how many birthday cakes you may have.

Friday - January 22
I took the day off and we went to MSI. It was free! We wanted Jack just to roam free around the museum and do whatever he wanted. However, he just wanted to be carried by me all day. Hey you're two!!! You should be running around as much as you should. Alright, I maybe exaggerating a bit as I didn't carry him around that much. Jack took great pleasure in showing us the baby chicks.



First cake of the weekend - two layer chocolate cake, with tapioca and banana filling and french vanilla frosting. Made by the new Pastry Chef of the Morowczynski household- me.
Day 2 - January 23

This was the first of the two birthday parties. We went to the Oak Lawn children's museum. Which is two floors of fun and exhaustion. Exhausting for parents, but not for the kids. It was a great place to have it and Jack and his friends are in that perfect age for the museum. Where all they get to do is run around from play area to play area. Jack found a great bumblee hat in the puppet show theatre. Here he was just taking requests for songs, Aunt Jill said Piano Man.

Day three - January 24

A birthday party at our place. This was the party that my parents threw since my mom and my sister couldn't be with us the day before. It was Sesame Street themed and it was Elmo galore!
My uncle and his family came over as well and Jack scored with an ABC Elmo doll ( from my parents) and a Toy Story hoodie ( from my aunt and uncle).
The cake was the fanciest cake out of the three days - yellow cake with strawberries and kiwi. We have tons of leftover cake if anyone wants. We are spent, in more ways than one. It was a great long weekend.
PS - Turning two magically made Jack say thank you now after he is done with his meals. But he says it in Spanish, with the tradional "Dios le pague" which a quick translation is "I thank God for you." Mark that as another notch in the Jack milestones.

No comments: