Monday, October 12, 2009


No.
That's right. Jack has said "No" followed by a shaking of the head. My worst fear come true. I cannot remember now what happened, but I think Jack was standing on the chair perhaps. Brian told him to sit down and Jack responded with a "No". Brian asked back NO??? with the " Are you kidding me?" tone. At that point Jack sat down.
Which brings me to the subject on how to discipline a child. I have been playing the role of the Patient Mom, which I will not yell but just talk sternly but calmly to Jack, should he do any wrong. It works sometimes. And sometimes, while I am telling him on why he should not have thrown his food on the floor, Jack will stare off into space. He is probably thinking, "Wow, what the heck is Mommy saying?"
Where do these kids learn these things? And why so soon?
My mom never really yelled at us when we were kids. She just had the LOOK. Once we got that LOOK, fun was out the window. I am trying to perfect the LOOK. I saw Brian give Jack the LOOK yesterday as well. It works somehow. I am hoping that it works for the next 18 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of his little feet poking out beneath the lap top is too precious!! -Jackie